Suddenly my notebook isn’t able the see my Lumia phone anymore.
Every time I connect it, a driver error occurs and it generates the event 151.
The phone was seen as a USB device, but it wasn’t recognized as a working Lumia phone.
The effects of this problem were that I wasn’t able to access to the phone data storage (internal and microsd).
After a some investigations, I found the solution here:
- connect the phone
- open your Device Manager (ie right click ‘This PC‘ and select ‘Manage‘).
- right click the phone entry under Portable Devices.
- select Update Driver Software
- choose the manual update, and then select it from the list of available drivers, under Portable Devices. The driver itself shall be something like: MTP USB Device
- Under my Windows 10 there were 3 entries: the first failed to install, the second had no problem at all and it fixed my problem.