I have noted that my Thunderbird doesn’t display the date as configured in my Windows profile.
This is annoying since I use the english version into my italian PCs and the date formats are different.
Digging here and there, I found an easy solution deep into program configuration.
Open the program and:
- select ‘Option‘ from ‘Tools‘ program menu
- click on ‘Advanced‘ icon
- click ‘Config Editor‘ button into ‘General‘ tab
- look for ‘use_os_locales‘
and select the following item:
- if you don’t find it, create it as ‘boolean‘
- set it to ‘true‘
- close the window, and you will find a new section ‘Date and Time Formatting’ into the ‘General‘ tab
- click the ‘OK’ button and restart the program
Now Thunderbird will format dates as requested by Windows params.