Tag Archives: event log

Event 151 – DeviceSetupManager Lumia driver problems

Suddenly my notebook isn’t able the see my Lumia phone anymore. Every time I connect it, a driver error occurs and it generates the event 151. The phone was seen as a USB device, but it wasn’t recognized as a working Lumia phone. The effects of this problem were that I wasn’t able to access to the phone data storage (internal and microsd). After a … Continue reading Event 151 – DeviceSetupManager Lumia driver problems »

Event 10016 – Distributed COM

On my Windows 10, notebook (and several other PCs), I found several errors like the following one during the system startup: Event 10016, DistributedCOM The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160} and APPID {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276} to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). … Continue reading Event 10016 – Distributed COM »

Event 513 – CAPI2 failures

In the new Windows 10 notebook, I found this error in the Event Log: Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call in the System Writer Object. Details: AddLegacyDriverFiles: Unable to back up image of binary Microsoft Link-Layer Discovery Protocol. System Error: Access is denied. My searches on internet bring me here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-hardware/cryptographic-services-failed-while-processing-the/c4274af3-79fb-4412-8ca5-cee721bda112 The problem seems to be into Network Service access rights. Step 4 … Continue reading Event 513 – CAPI2 failures »

Event 131 – Metadata staging failed

Upgrading my Windows 7 notebook to Windows 10 and looking the Event Log, I noticed several: Event 131 – Metadata staging failed My investigations took me to this forum thread: http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/53670-continues-errors-startup-metadata-staging-failed.html From this thread, I discovered that this problem is probably something about the device drivers telemetry. Someone (on page 2) discovered that the problem is the target URL that seems to be outdated. To … Continue reading Event 131 – Metadata staging failed »