Upgrading my Windows 7 notebook to Windows 10 and looking at the Event Log, I noticed several:
Event 131 - Metadata staging failed
My investigations took me to this forum thread:
From this thread, I discovered that this problem is probably something about the device drivers’ telemetry.
Someone (on page 2) discovered that the problem is the target URL which seems to be outdated.
To fix it, open the Registry Editor and:
- go to:
- up to now, this item should have the following value:
In a ground-zero Win10 1803 installation (not affected by this problem), I also found this other value:
- close and reboot